Recipe from https://www.plantbasedcooking.com
- 1 large yellow onion cut in half and sliced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 large stalks celery cut into 3/4″ chunks
- 3 large carrots cut into 3/4″ chunks
- 16 ounces mushrooms if large cut into 3/4″ chunks or left whole
- 2 lbs potatoes cut into 1″ chunks (peeling is an option)
- 2 cups frozen peas thawed
- 1/2 6 oz can tomato paste mixed with a little vegetable broth
- 1 Tbl Italian herbs
- 1 Tbl fresh chopped rosemary
- 3 Tbl tamari like soy sauce without the wheat
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional
Saute the onion, celery, and carrots in a large soup pot with about 1/4 vegetable broth until they start to soften. Add in the garlic and mushroom and sauté for a few minutes more.
Add the vegetable broth, water, potatoes, tomato paste, Tamari, herbs, smoked paprika, wine, salt, and pepper.
Cook covered over medium heat until the potatoes and carrots are tender about 20-15 minutes.
Take about 1 1/2 cups of the broth with a few of the vegetables and blend in a blender until smooth.
Return the blended sauce to the pot and stir to combine.
Add in the thawed peas and heat through for about 5 minutes.
Serve with a crusty bread and a salad for a complete meal.