Recipe from: https://www.notquitenigella.com/
- 1 cup / 135g sunflower seeds (or use pepitas)
- 1/2 cup / 90g flax seeds (sometimes sold as linseed in Australia)
- 1/2 cup / 65g hazelnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups / 145g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp psyllium seed husks (3 Tbsp. if using psyllium husk powder)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups / 350ml water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil or ghee
- Grease a metal loaf tin and mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Measure out the wet ingredients (water, honey and coconut oil) in a large jug and add these to the seed mixture and stir to combine well. Spoon into the prepared tin and allow to sit at room temperature for about two hours. It is ready when the bread is no longer mushy or wet and you can press a finger down on it gently without leaving a dent.
- Preheat oven to 175C/347F. Bake the loaf for 50-55 minutes. Allow to cool in tin and invert. Slice. Bread keeps for up to 5 days.