Recipe from forksoverknives.com
- 2 pounds broccoli with stems
- 1⁄2 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small potato, scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green peas
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Sea salt
- Cut the broccoli into large pieces, keeping the florets separate from the stems. Peel any very tough stems.
- Place the stems in a large soup pot and add the onion, potato, garlic powder, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and peas to the pot and cook until the broccoli is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the soup to a blender, working in batches if necessary, and blend until smooth. (Alternatively, use an immersion blender to purée the soup in the pot until smooth.)
- Return the soup to the pot. Add water if necessary, so that the consistency of the soup is moderately thick. Stir in the pepper, lemon juice, dill, and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately.