Easy Quinoa Stuffing
Recipe from https://www.simplyquinoa.com
2 cups tri-color quinoa or variety of choice
4 cups vegetable broth
6 cups finely diced sweet potato or butternut squash
1 large shallot diced
3 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
2 teaspoons dried sage
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon chili flakes optional
1 teaspoon salt & pepper
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
Optional add-ins: 1/2 cup dried cranberries 1 – 2 finely chopped apples
1) Add quinoa and broth to a large pot. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until all the broth as been absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and allow to cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
2) While the quinoa is cooking, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
3) Toss your diced sweet potatoes (or squash), shallot and garlic in a large bowl. Add spices, salt and pepper, then drizzle with oil and toss to combine. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 15 – 20 minutes, flipping half way through.
4) Assemble stuffing by combining cooked quinoa, potatoes and pecans in a large mixing bowl. Stir together and add apple cider vinegar, rosemary and thyme. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
5) Serve cold or reheat slightly.