- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1½ cups cooked)
- 1 cup pure date syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Unsalted pistachio nuts, finely chopped (optional)
- Vegan semisweet chocolate pieces (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8- or 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper (or use a silicone cake pan).
- Combine the beans, date syrup, and cocoa powder in a food processor; process just until smooth. Add the oats, baking powder, and baking soda; process just until combined.
- Spread batter into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle with pistachios and chocolate pieces (if using). Bake for 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into wedges.