I love Fall! While it may technically begin in September, it really hits in October- a month of crisp, cooler weather punctuated by crunchy fallen leaves, and plenty of spooky, spicy, pumpkin and sweet potatoes everything!
To match the vibes I’ve gathered one of my favorite seasonal recipes you can make all year long.
Recipe from simplyquinoa.com
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 avocado mashed
- Hot sauce
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and prick with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and pepper and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, quinoa, black beans and spices and cook 2 – 3 more minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are fork tender, remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice in half and place each half on a plate. Top with quinoa mixture, avocado and a drizzle of both tahini and hot sauce. Finish with a sprinkle of cilantro and enjoy!