Rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, pumpkin is incredibly healthy. What’s more, its low calorie content makes it a weight-loss-friendly food. Its nutrients and antioxidants may boost your immune system, protect your eyesight, lower your risk of certain cancers and promote heart and skin health.
Pumpkin-filled everything doesn’t have to stop after October, especially if it’s this vegan pumpkin pie smoothie. Pumpkins are one of my favorite things about fall. The result was more tasty and light than any pumpkin pie I’ve ever had!
Ingredients to blend
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin (if canned, make sure BPA free) I freeze pumpkin into cubes
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder
- 1 tablespoon almond or peanut butter or cashew nut butter
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root
- Nutmeg and cinnamon to taste
- 1 date
For a thicker smoothie, add ice.
Top with pumpkin seeds and cinnamon. You can also upgrade it with 1 teaspoon maca for an energy boost!